Monday, May 7, 2018

Yellow is the colour, mainly

Lots of daffodils coming up! Such a beautiful yellow.


And yes, this is another in the running for image of the month, at least for now. Who knows what will happen by the end of the month?

There will be a test later on today. Sometime between putting one of the water barrels away last winter, and the rain filling it with water this spring, a crack developed around where the drain valve is installed. I suppose I should say that installed is a strong verb for such a flimsy construction.

I tried some goop but that didn't work. The pressure of the water forced the valve to flex slightly, opening the crack again. So I got better goop and a couple big heavy duty washers. Goop onto washers, one on the outside over the valve, one on the inside around the hole. A bit of twisting pressure, goop oozed out around the washer in a nice way.

You might want to know that I'm glad there are no photos of me, arm and head into the barrel, reaching to push the washer to where I wanted it to go. I didn't even get any goop on my hands!

36 hours later I'm hoping the washers provide some support for that area and the twisting pressure forced some of the goop where it will do the most good. It's going to rain later today, the weather page says. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!