Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The sun in the flowers

You'd think it would be boring to take a look at the garden every day to see what new photos could be made. Every now and then a new flower blossoms, but other than that, ho hum. Not so!

Every day is different. The flowers change every day, bud to blossom to fading to death for that part of the plant. Meanwhile other buds come along. Everybody thinks flower blossoms are beautiful, and so they are, but that doesn't automatically make a photo of them beautiful. The things that make a flower photo beautiful are the same things as other objects, line, shape, form, colour, texture, background. I'm still learning.

I've tried a few times to get the light shining through a flower, and these are the best attempts yet. Avoiding glare to maintain the blossom texture is tricky, especially since I'm on my tummy, looking up, trying not to blind myself in the process. Times like this I love the articulating screen on my camera.



1 comment:

  1. My heart skipped a beat and I gasped when I saw THAT PEONY! Wow!!!!!! That is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!