Friday, October 14, 2016

Almost done

The bridge, that is. The pedestrian bridge over Anderson Road. The opening is Oct 29 at 9am. That's the ceremony, but I don't know if the bridge will be actually open for us before then. It looks open, if only they would take the fence down. I can't wait to see what the view is like from there. The equinox sunrise and sunset shots ought to be pretty good, but I'll have to wait and see. Stay tuned.

What the photo doesn't really show that well is how bright the sun was reflecting off the guardrails.

A long time ago, back when Anderson Road west of 24th St was a bit of a backwater, and there were still personal residences with driveways there, one could cross directly in any number of places. There was a stop sign, and one could go forward into what is now called Tsuut'ina First Nation, or turn left and go down 37 St. That went downhill to this scary one lane bridge with a sharp 90 degree bend at each end. Back then you were nearly out in the boonies.

Then they replaced it with the current setup, which is much better for vehicular traffic. Pedestrians have to wait at the lights, which is a pain when you're on the clock. Normally I started and ended my runs there.

Soon we'll have the bridge. If I could run that far, I could run over the bridge, up and around the reservoir and back for about 24 or 25 k run, without having to stop at all. Even going down toward Fish Creek I have to cross at least one major road.

I just got in from a dry run shooting the moon. It's full tomorrow night, but I thought I'd try for a horizon shot as practice. Stupid clouds. Not even a good sunset shot. That's the breaks.

Scored coffee with a buddy today, who helped clarify my thoughts around a new computer. Gonna wait a few weeks to see if there are any updates to the iMac lineup coming. That was after a nice 45 minute easy spin, with one hard bit.

Lots of photos of the cats today. I'll work on them and post the good ones. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!