Sunday, August 16, 2015

Still processing, too soon to sum up WWC

Third day at When Words Collide. Wow! More chatting with old friends, and taking first steps towards new friendships. I know many people go to these conferences as a working trip. They want to pitch their book to an editor or agent, or they have signed up to be pitched (brave souls!).

For some it's a chance to build professional relationships. For the fan it's a chance to chat with a favourite author. The aspiring writer can get valuable advice from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Having people talk about what has worked for them, or sometimes more importantly what didn't work for them, is pure gold.

This year for me was about the panels and mingling. None of my current projects are really quite ready to be pitched yet, but I'm inspired. I want to get these to a point where I can send them out to the world and see if anyone will buy them. I promise, this blog will never be buymybook,buymybook,buymybook.

I almost need to build up a little checklist of things to do. Who am I kidding, it's a big checklist. Better get started. What do you mean, I have to go to my day job tomorrow?

For the weekend I deliberately ignored politics. For those that like my political rants, never fear, I'm sure there will be another this week. Somebody has to have done or said something to annoy me. As for workouts, I've been a slacker over the weekend, other than walking between the two buildings. This gave me some fresh air and a bit of a break, but it's not exercise. I'll be back in the pool tomorrow.

But there were garden pictures this morning! Here you go. The pink lilies have recovered nicely from the hail and set some new blossoms.


The last of the orange lilies. They really got beat up by the hail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!