Monday, June 2, 2014

Race followup, writing teaser, mouthy cats

So, the day after a race that I thought would be brutal, and turned out to be not so bad. Tough, but not as bad as it could have been.

By the end of the day I was up and around, feeling pretty good. After an easy water run, and an easy 1K 19:30 swim, I actually felt pretty good. Walking was back to normal. Even stairs were fine, through I wasn't going to get carried away and do them two at a time.

Then I sat in my office chair for a while. And got up. That was bad, like just after the race. Even though we have desks that can be adjusted to let the person sit or stand, they weren't designed for someone of slightly above normal height, like me. My boss is checking to see what can be done so I can stand. I think that will be better.

The race photos were dreadful. I look like I'm dragging my butt, because I mostly was, even when I was "running". I'll check later to see if more get added that are any better. Not likely.

So far the best photo of the day is one that Antje took of Michelle feeling very chilled waiting for the race to start.


And here's Antje smiling, ready for her race, her first half marathon, which she totally rocked! Michelle, of course, is attending to her many fans on social media.

Here's the writing teaser. This is the first blog written in the lodge. As you can see, I have all the important accouterments.

The glass of wine is almost gone. The iPad for dealing with Twitter. The phone for taking photos. So far we haven't fired up that central grill. Cushions have started to migrate out. Coffee and wine tastes equally good. Need to look for patio furniture. Any suggestions, what's good, what to avoid?

My choice now is to finish my wine, enjoy the evening, and head to bed early. I'm sure I could sleep. Or I could go down to the basement and rack some wine. Decisions, decisions.

Lastly, the mouthy cats.



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I got very lucky. It is hard to catch a cat yawning, especially with a single shot iPhone. And a reflection shot too, love that.

      Delete
  2. Once again, congrats on that half marathon, Keith! Love the gazebo - and a grill? Fireplace? How cool! You're going to be spending a lot of time in there, aren't you? There's nothing like coffee (or wine) out on a patio or in a gazebo - that's what summers are all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is already getting harder to get out of the house and off to work in the mornings. We so want to settle in out there to wake up, and we don't even have any comfortable furniture yet. And iced coffee on the patio! One of my twitter buddies mentioned that, and now I totally want to try it.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the race! It was lovely to see you and Sophia (albeit briefly) out there.

    You must stop putting ideas in my head for the yard :)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!