Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So excited

The most important reason is that Curtis seems to be coming around. He's much perkier, and we've taken him out of the cone of shame. The mass seems to be getting smaller and softer. Still going to take him in for a followup appointment on Friday.

During a stretching session after work I got up and my back almost stopped hurting. This is good. I can almost take a deep breath without rib and back pain, so this is good too. Planning to swim in the morning. Haven't done anything for an actual workout for a few days now.

NaNoWriMo is almost here! Right now I'm thinking this will be so much fun. Later it may turn out that churning out almost 1700 words a day will become a kind of living hell, but I'll deal with that when I get there. If I get there. I still intend to keep up my blog. Do any of you care that I'm going to try to write a novel in a month? I know a few of you do, but what about the rest? Will you be bored at my NaNo stats? Or will you be burning with eagerness to see my daily progress? Let me know, comments, FB, or Twitter.

I've been musing about buying a laptop for a while, and finally bit the bullet. As of this moment it has left Anchorage. If I've got the time figured out, it could have landed in many places by now. With any luck it came to Calgary. It still says on time for delivery.

Of course, once I open the lid I'll still have a bunch of time to migrate all the iMac data to it, and that could take several hours. I suppose I could weenie out and just do Scrivener, and maybe the music, but sooner or later I'll want to look for something else, and another copy of stuff can't hurt, can it?

Even The Plant Novel, as I think of it, has been getting some progress lately.


5 comments:

  1. So glad Curtis is getting better and your back as well. Thanks for all of your support over these last few months...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's been fun watching your training. Can't wait to read about your day. Tell Sam you want lots and LOTS of pics of you near the end of the day for your blog.

      Delete
  2. I, too, am glad Curtis is getting better - poor guy! Keep us posted on his follow-up, Keith!

    Yay for NaNo - OK, still undecided if I'm joining in the madness this time, but I have logged into the sight and added you as my writing buddy. Can't wait to see your stats and how you cope (I've been re-reading my posts from last November - yikes, some serious ups and downs). I have also dusted off the old laptop so that I can write without the Internet to distract (I am easily distracted). Good luck with it - and have fun!

    Glad to hear, also, that your back is better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all the encouragement I need! Will keep the NaNo news flowing. Buddied you back.

      Delete
  3. I'm excited you're doing NaNo, Keith, and hoping Janet will as well. For sure, I'll look forward to updates. Personally, I found it tough to blog and novel last year so think I'll be keeping any posts pretty short. Will log on to the NaNo site today and add you as a contact.

    Hope Curtis is back to his old self soon. Poor kitty...

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!