Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Contrasting photos

Curtis loves being helpful with paperwork. On my desk. On the floor. On a footstool. Whatever. He's an equal opportunity helper. Here he is helping me with my business tax paperwork, and helping to clean up a Celina hazardous spill. Lets just say I'm glad I was a awake for the spill, and there were no untoward consequences.



Our new climatis is flowering. I think it's happy.

The other night I was out with a buddy on a photo shoot. You can compare photos, mine, his. Both shot from almost exactly the same spot at the same time. That's the difference when talent uses a real camera.

Yesterday I woke up knowing I was going for a run. It was a beautiful day out, warm without being too hot. Ran nice and easy, starting with light and happy feet. Even the last half K, when they weren't quite so light and happy, it was still better than Sunday's run. No knee pain or even twinges, though there was starting to be some normal feeling tiredness. All good. Rollered and stretched after. Then again before going to bed.


I'm not sure what that huge slowdown at the 1 K mark is. I can't remember anything happening there. The elevation profile sure seems to be exaggerated here. I really must go running some day with a person wearing a garmin, and compare data. hmmmm.

Being on vacation is nice. While there are a few things I want to accomplish, and have got some done already, the main thing is to relax. To snooze. To try to experiment with a semi-retired lifestyle.

I finished the retirement planning book. Lots of resources listed, and it's basically a primer on why you will probably need them. Us boomers don't like to think about old age, so I think it's going to smack some of really hard inside the head. I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, sort of, but it's well put. Some cautionary tales, and success stories.

The next book is The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. It isn't really big so I don't think it will take long. Next will be The Revisionists, by Thomas Mullen.




2 comments:

  1. Love the Clematis picture - it looks happy. As does Curtis helping you out (funny cat :)

    Retirement - I can't wait! But until then, it's back to work for me!!! Glad you had a good run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 3 clematis we planted this year, and all seem happy. Curtis is generally a pretty happy cat, though he frowns a bit when we tell him they are at the top of the list of "would like most to trade places with" when every other cat in the world is surveyed.

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!