Thursday, March 7, 2013

An odd gale

The weather has been full of gale warnings over the last little while. We expected heavy rain and wind, and planned to spend the day inside. The wind part came through all right. The cables for the radio tower have been singing periodically, but the rain has been patchy and sporadic at best. It took us a while to realize that was the case, as we slept in, then lazed around with coffee and breakfast.

Eventually we stirred ourselves to go out right after a little shower. Its sunny and warm enough not to need a jacket. We had a nice walk down the railway trail, where I had run the other day. It was still really windy, strong enough to push me around a bit, and make it tough to take photos. The ocean was amazing, with the waves pounding into the shore, sending salt spray up on the wind.

Here's some random photos, again, not processed in any way. In some the horizon is not level. That's me, not Bermuda. There is some video as well, but I'll do that another time, maybe when writers block hits or something.









I had not noticed these cactus plants before. Somehow it had not occurred to me they would grow here.


These moon gates show up everywhere; they are thought to bring good fortune. But this is the first one I've seen that has a gate mounted within it.


We almost missed this rainbow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm jealous! Esp about the lounging around in the mornings with coffee and breakfast bit. Jerks.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!