Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snowshoe success!

Rain, cloudy, rain. As expected. Then this morning some blue sky. We zoomed up to Seymore and had PERFECT weather for my very first attempt at wearing snowshoes. Clear Alberta blue sky. Trees laden with fresh snow. Not too cold. Not windy.

After a bit of adventure getting the straps right for Linda we headed up and up. She rested a bit while Susi and I pushed up a very steep part of the trail to reach a scenic viewpoint.

Then back down, and we took a shorter easier route back to the parking lot. There is video evidence of me and Susi barely able to keep up with Linda. Maybe I'll post that when I get home.

Lets see if Blog Press will do photos.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I love snowshoeing! I have traditional snowshoes which aren't so great for snowshoeing in mountain/steep conditions, but great for cross country type of conditions. It's a super good workout. I haven't gone in almost a year though, so maybe that will be my "new" activity for January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go out on snowshoes again. Bragg Creek has trails, and that's a short drive. Then there's a bazillion acres in K country. Excitement is mine!

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!