Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The close pool just isn't as much fun as Renfrew

Into the pool for a nothing special swim. 1K, 20 minutes, working on stroke, trying to stay relaxed and on top of my breathing. I find I've slipped back into my old pacing habit where I'd start smooth and fairly strong, then settle into a steady pace, then lose ground over the last bit to end up right on time. I think the time has come to start pushing the pace with some intervals and get back to my sub 19 K pace.

What was mildly amusing was watching the two guys in the lane next to me. The fast guy is just a bit slower than me these days, but they both churn through the water in a cloud of bubbles.

Did some kick, pull, and then stretched out my left leg. It didn't cramp on me but there were a few twinges, especially in the calf. Stretched it a bit this evening, but it's feeling distinctly tender. Not sure why.

Going to bed early to recover from the rant. And prepare for yoga tomorrow. No more slacking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!