Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trying to make it longer

After wading through the crowds to get home I was really looking forward to a run. My goals were to continue with the quicker turnover, but also try to increase my stride length. After a short stretching session, and warm up run, I started off for 5 K. Planned to be brisk, aiming for mid zone 3, alternating between my regular pace and trying to lengthen my stride. That all went pretty well, going for 30:30, with my breathing mostly under control.

The run felt pretty good, especially considering it was hot out, probably 27 or so. Which is really hot for me. I was pouring sweat, and my face was pretty red when I got back.

Shannon nailed it, the photo was of the case for my iPad. Bamboo for the back and sides, with a leather cover in the front. It is much easier to hold the iPad in one hand now, since there is an edge for your thumbs to get a grip on. The little bit of extra weight doesnt matter. I find a naked iPad is really hard to hold onto. The more I use it, the more I love it. My latest app is a remote control for iTunes on the main computer. The one I've been playing with most is the time lapse video one. And Zite. And Friendly. And...

2 comments:

  1. My new favorite Ap is HBO-GO, which I know you can't get, but be thankful. It is an enormous time-suck and has kept me awake too many nights in a row now.

    I also downloaded a couple of media-transfer aps so that I can more easily transfer photos and video that I take on my iPhone to my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only reason I guess it Keith is b/c I have an iPad at work for testing purposes...it comes with default black folder which is shaped similar to your fancy-dancy one!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!