Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trying to be fast

Stretched, then walked. Ran easy about 15 minutes to one of the schoolyards that has a soccer field. My legs felt a bit creaky, and it was slow finding a groove. Once I got there I sprinted the length of the field. It's about 100 m. I was trying for fast but not all out, with the idea each successive one would be faster. The first was about 26 seconds. Then 25, 23, 21, then 22. That last was tough. I think my form went to crap about the 3/4 point.

I was running out of wind just before the end, and I could really feel my hip flexors protesting. At least I think it was them. I was trying to keep my cadence fast, and run with good form and all. In between these I walked or ran really easy till my heart rate recovered back well into zone 2. Generally a couple of minutes.

On the way back to the house I was running easy, with one 1 minute where I was trying to really turn the legs over, and stretch out my stride a bit. Then back to the house. 30 minutes running, with some walking before, during, and after. Stretching after.

This trying to be fast is tough sledding. My feet and legs felt heavy, and I'm sure glad nobody was videoing it.

So far I'd have to say the alternative diet of pancakes, sausage, bacon, and hash browns isn't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!