Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An un-yoga thought. Thoughts.

Dorothy Parker once said, "If you can't say something nice, come sit next to me." In that spirit, for the first little while of yoga class tonight I was thinking of the snoring goober that usually sets up next to me. He hadn't shown up as we started. He hadn't shown up as we went into the second pose. Then, there I was, head down in chest to leg, when I heard the door open. There were a number of uncharitable thoughts going through my mind. I was just relaxing and thinking I wasn't going to have to put up with goober-breath. When we finally stood up again I realized it was just someone coming back from a trip to the washroom. Yay! So much more relaxing without him panting and gasping. There are people pushing big weights in the gym that make less noise breathing than he does.

I had a wonderful class. Lots of good stuff that was what my back, and everything else needed. F has a knack, I think, for knowing what will do me good, and this class was full of it. I can't remember it all now, but it was all good. Oddly enough, what was hard was getting out of the poses, particularly the one where we were all laced up in a strap, propped up on a bolster, supported by the bright orange foam blocks. Usually by the time I'm out of the pose the class is well into the next one. No doubt they think I came on the short bus.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes have similar uncharitable thoughts... Glad the class went well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straps, propped up on a bolster, and orange foam blocks...are you really talking about Yoga or something entirely different?!?!?!?!?

    We have to do another dinner evening again soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!