Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The chinook is coming!

Monday was still the deep freeze. Dropped Linda off and zoomed up to Renfrew for a quick swim. Only 30 minutes, trying to crack the rust off. I was not smooth. There is a big difference between swimming once a week and 4 times a week.

Then an ART session, working lots on the back of both knees. Which felt odd. But things seem to be going well.

By Tuesday after work it had warmed up to about -7 C (19 F) which is almost warm. Tomorrow is supposed to be above freezing! Yay! We are cheering on the chinook arch we can see forming.

Leg exercises for 15 minutes, then ran 30 minutes. Starting very easy. My feet and legs felt very heavy and stiff throughout. I was trying not to do the clump clump stride, and mostly succeeded. There were some minor twinges in both knees.

I'm for sure going to be a slacker in yoga tomorrow. Last week nearly killed my legs and I don't want to do that this time.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the difference in swimming once/week versus four times. Today I swam for the second time this week and felt like I had arthritis in my elbow and lead in my legs. And that was only the SECOND time. Pathetic.

    Off to read your political rant.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!