Sunday, January 9, 2011

My knee is Yay!

We stayed up really late last night visiting friends. Really late. Way past my bedtime. So at 8 am when KBRCC started I was just barely getting out of bed. It took a long time to get going. We had other friends drop into during the day for a wonderful chat.

Then I headed downstairs for 30 minutes of core, including 100 crunches, and 2x10 pushups with a very short break in between. My leg was feeling pretty good so I was looking forward to the bike.

As soon as I got started I knew it would be a good ride. My knee felt strong and stable. I was into time trial gear -1, and it wasn't so long ago that that one was time trial gear. I could also get above 100 rpm and that felt good. No standing though or big gears, I wanted to get my legs used to a stronger and faster spin. I'm super pleased, and could have gone on longer. However supper called, so it was 1.5 hrs. After dinner I iced my leg, as it was feeling a bit tired and sore.

Weekly Summary
Swim 4.5 hrs
Bike 2.75 hrs
Run 1.0 hrs
Total cardio 8.25 hrs
Core 2.75 hrs.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! (for both your knee and for respecting the dinner call!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the chat too!! Got home safe and sound :) Always a giggle when we see you guys, even if this one was a quick visit - make up for it next time :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a Yay Knee!

    Say "hi" to you knee for me!

    (If you said, "Hi, knee!" ... I JUST MADE YOU CURSE!1!)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!