Friday, October 29, 2010

Running before the heat of the day sets in

When I got up this morning I knew I wanted to go for a run sooner rather than later. After all, the temperature here was forecast to go up to a scorching 9 C (48 F). Better to go early and avoid the risk of sun or heat stroke. Can't be too careful, you know.

My three leg exercises were squats with the fit ball, Abdominal Hollow Leg / Arm extension, and Hip Abduction - Side Lying. All were good, though the last couple of the hip abductions were tough going. I was thinking of copying the sheets, and putting them up on a wall board somewhere downstairs so I can mark them off as I do them, make it nice and big so I'm accountable.

A few more stretches and I was ready to go. Ran 45 minutes fairly easy, concentrating on form. About the 30 minute mark I got a dull ache down at the bottom of my left calf, which is sort of weird. Never had that before. Stretched after. And will ice calves, and knee muscles.

And now I'm free for Friday Follies!

1 comment:

  1. Haha!!

    I added you to my blog roll!

    I agree the music is pretty annoying on the RR DVD. I tend to tune it out though.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!