Monday, March 9, 2009

A swim is just a swim

Especially today. Not many people in the pool today so I had a lane to myself till I was almost done. Warmed up. Left shoulder still hurting. Drill. Terrible golf scores. 3 x 500 m with 1 min rest. First one was ok, second was a bit slower, and the third was rescued from total slugitude only because I was trying to keep up with the girl in the next lane. I turn faster than she does, but she can swim a little faster. The last 200 m were pushing quite hard, but it was still the slowest of the three. The really slow swimmer joined my lane just as I was starting my cool down. I swam slow and easy for 6 or 700 m, trying for a nice stroke. Toward the end I started getting the feel of the water again.

Mega cold out there today. Didn't even think of doing a run. Did a bit of stretching, but I'm still sore and creaky.

2 comments:

  1. My car door gets creaky in the cold too...

    So, no shark in your swim today? We really have to work and getting him to come out and play. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's been cold up there lately. Man you guys are hard core! LOL about Julie's car door comment.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!