Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I have recovery spun. Or is that spinned?

KS, my wonderful massage therapist worked me over last night. Just as well she couldn't come on Sunday. On Monday I thought my legs were actually in pretty good shape. Left was still sore, but I ran back and forth down a long hallway at work without anything hurting. KS loosened things up a bit more, apologizing as I whimpered, and oddly enough, my legs actually hurt more afterward. Still, I stretched them out. She also found some tension at the base of my neck, and suggested that I might need to make some subtle adjustments to my bike setup.

Today was good, more stretching at work periodically. Stretched a bit before going for a short ride this evening. The plan was to have a fairly high cadence, but really low heart rate. I just went around the neighbourhood on a 7.25 or so K loop. Got around 3 times in an hour. Average cadence 81, average heart rate 101, and peak heart rate was 118. It's a really nice night for a bike ride. For a little while I wanted to get out and push myself around the loop, but I was good.

2 comments:

  1. i am so jealous of your low heart rate. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had two massages in my life -- and neither has been while I have been training for tris. I'm just one big ball of muscle knots. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!