Friday, February 29, 2008

recovery from rundownitude

Last night was supposed to be a 45 minute spin. The way it worked out instead was to go to the home and garden show. I haven't been to one of these in a while. There's way more hucksters flogging swiffle mops, and cookware, and gawdknowswhat. And hot tubs for crying out loud. There were a zillion of them there. And NOT ONE OF THEM had a BBCB in it. That's Beautiful Bikini Clad Babe for those who haven't had their morning coffee yet. Don't these people realize what a selling feature that would be? Sheesh. So lots of walking. Does that count? My heart rate was under 120.....

Anyway we didn't eat any of the very expensive foodlikesubstances there, and stopped off at a neighbourhood pub we've been meaning to try. Not bad. At home I was reading mail and relaxing for a minute and fell asleep in the chair. When I woke up a few minutes later, I took it as a hint and went to bed. So no spin.

This morning's swim was a tough slog to start.
500 m in over 10 minutes. Everything ached. Sloppy stroke.
10 x 50 m in 50 seconds on 1:15 start. Nice and relaxing, and things started to come together, but I was still tired.
50 m in 42 seconds, just because. This wasn't totally all out, but was essentially my top smooth speed, kind of the equivilent of spinning without bouncing.

10 or 15 minutes core in the dive tank.

Overall I'm only going to call it 30 minutes.

The number is a heavy 238 or a light 239, depending on how you look at it. I guess the cookies during my Brown Paper exercise caught up to me. And while I was doing that I found out my morning drive to work was going to be hell. They closed Deerfoot N between 16th and 32 to investigate a pedestrian being struck by a car. WTF is a pedestrian doing on Deerfoot?? Then I heard there was an accident on the ramp from Deerfoot North to 16th. I went way east and up 52nd then through the Sundridge commercial area to get to work. Then there was a car that had a front wheel fall off 52nd northbound near Memorial. So if your Calgary buddies that work in the NE are a little cranky this morning, cut them some slack.

5 comments:

  1. love all the new words you created today and most thankful you defined the entire bikini clad babe acronym cause I would never have gotten that one.

    I am waiting to see your skinnyr graph on your blog so i can see if you are heavy 38 or a light 39 ....

    Cheers
    an haveyaagreatday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Hmmm -- how many BBCB's does it take to get Keith's HR above 120? :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try the graph thing again at lunchtime and see if I can make it work. I'm pretty sure I've seen other xl graphs in Blogger, so there must be a way.

    In answer to Julie, it isn't the quantity, it's the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Keith, copy the html code. If you want it in your side bar, I reduced the width to 225 (instead of 400) and height to something like 175 (instead of 300). There are two places to replace each number. Then you have a nice little graph in your side bar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Were you truthfully wearing your HR monitor at the time?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!