Thursday, December 20, 2007

My first negative split ever!

I was going to update tonight after the spin, but I just couldn't wait. The plan called for 50 min, 5r 2w.

5 min warmup
6 x 5r 2w
3 min cooldown and I was back at the car!!!! I was figuring 5 min cooldown for a 52 min workout.

I had a brisk warmup, and ran well down the hill, and along the Nose Creek path north past the golf dome up to beside the City roads facility. As near as I can tell from Google Maps, that's 3.3 Km. Turned around right on 26 min. At the bottom of the hill I looked at the time and realized I was ahead on time. So I churned up the hill, and kept running, then picked up the pace as I recovered. I was so pleased to be back at the car at 50:15. The run out took 26 min, and back 24:15 including up the ginormous hill.

For those of you who care about such things this works out to 7.9 Km per hour, or 7.6 min/Km pace, including warm up and cool down.

My hour long bike ride in the evening was uneventful. I did some cadence pyramids, one minute at 100, 110, 120, 130, 120, 110, 100 with a minute rest in between. On the big chainring picked a medium gear and maintained 90 rpm for 10 minutes. My heartrate settled in just under 130. I also did one minute bursts of 100 rpm with rests at 85, in 3 successively harder gears. I did this on the small chainring and ran out of gears. I guess I have to start on the big chainring if I want to do this again.

1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!